Hello from Michigan! I have embarked on a trip to celebrate the final throws of my youth, pretending my youth is actually still in existence. I'm on the march to 40!
My long-time friend (from high school) Mark organizes a road trip for a Michigan State football game every fall and I've never made the scene, though I've always wanted to. This year the MSU road game is Northwestern, which is basically in Chicago. The weekend coincides with my 40th birthday. Another friend from high school, Chris, who always makes the MSU trips, suggested we fly up a week early and go to the Illinois v. Michigan game in Ann Arbor this Saturday. We grew up huge Michigan fans and we are excited for the start of the Rich Rodriguez era and I haven't been to Michigan Stadium since the late 70's.
I'm commandeering the blog - intending to make a blog entry each day but not likely - in an attempt to maintain at least a small connection with Kirsten and Ruby while I'm gone. I don't imagine this will be interesting for anyone else (maybe my mom). It is very rare that our family is separated for more than a day (I think it's happened once) and we are normally loathe to venture out beyond our property line. Maybe that's an exaggeration but after purchasing my plane ticket I thought about canceling my plane ticket immediately, and on most days after. Nonetheless, I'm excited to be here with my friends and I intend to have a great time.
The schedule will be hang at Mark's house in Plymouth, MI, plus Michigan football this weekend. Monday hanging with another high school friend Matt and his family. Chris and I head to Chicago Tuesday and will stay with his mom while exploring that scene all week. Then another weekend of football and fun and...forty!
9 days to go.
Friday, October 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
9....days...to......go....
You can say that again.
Just kidding honey! You'll have a great time and we'll be fine. So far, so good. Ruby only woke up 3 times last night and the water heater is only heating up the water to 190 degrees before shutting itself off.
Just kidding!
But I *was* counting on a blog post every day. humph!
Well, I'll be enjoying your family while you're gone, Daran. And other than my almost breaking Ruby's leg at Weaver Street Market this morning, I think things are going OK on the home front.
Judy
K- I turned down the water heater slightly before leaving. It's still overheating? If so I think it's about to bust.
Post a Comment