I post this not because it will interest anyone that much, but because I want to remember, and this blog seems to be my Ruby Diary. During her most recent illness, Ruby was diagnosed with bronchiolitis (not so much pneumonia - well, one doc at the hospital said maybe kinda sorta pneumonia - how's that for exact science?). B'itis is a condition that is most common in non-breastfed infants of 3-6 months old, according to my research. Ruby doesn't exactly fit that demographic. I also found out that kids who get b'itis are more likely to develop asthma later in life.
Another point in fact: Ruby has good taste in music. Her favorite song for some time has been Old Train by Tony Rice from the album Manzanita, which I originally put in my car because I couldn't get enough of it. Well, I've had enough of Old Train, but if you don't know this album and you like bluegrass, check it out.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Does Ruby insist on this song every time you get in the car now? Elijah must have his 2 favorites - "Bombay Rain" by Caedmon's Call and "Carolina in my Mind" by James Taylor - every. single. time. *sigh* I need to make a CD that just plays those two songs non-stop so I don't have to keep forwarding through the CDs and switching them back and forth.
Just a tip on some children's music for all that are interested...
Justin Roberts is good. He has a few CD's and has catchy not cheesy kids pop/rock. "Meltdown" is a good album.
Dan Zanes is also a good pick. He has a soulfull, singer-songwriter sound. Kindof Folky. Very nice voice.
Laurie Berkner has good songs for kids to sing along. Very easy to listen to and cute. Sawyer (for some reason) calls her "Laurie McBerkner"
-hallie
I keep meaning to buy and send a CD of Sara Hickman, an Austin songwriter who does a lot of kids music (also adults music). Ever heard of her?
Speaking of vegetables, Austin and music, I saw Austin's The Gourds last night at the Cradle and they were incredible. They play Austin a lot, Cate, and you should get into them - extremely fun live show!
Daran, you might also be interested in this Gourds-y band The Mother Truckers. I was once slightly offended by their name, now I'm over it.
http://themothertruckers.com/
Post a Comment