Monday, January 08, 2007

Hello 2007!

For those of you who haven't heard from us for a while, let me explain. Daran and I had had a plan to hit the wine bar for a brief New Year's Eve libation while Grandpa was still in town and able to watch over the little one. Little did we know we were facing the Evil Stomach Virus of Holiday Season 2006-2007. Ruby manifested symptoms first (of which I'll spare you the gory details, but suffice it to say that it shut down all plans of heading out to any wine bar on NYE (Sunday)). By Wednesday, Daran and I were feeling pretty smug that we'd gotten off scott-free. But lo and behold, Wednesday afternoon approached and the ESVoHS06-07 was not going to let us off that easily! I was taken down next and suffered greatly Wednesday night and for several days after. Daran was holding down the fort at this point, attending to a still very sick Ruby, furiously doing laundry and helping me to bed, all the while steering clear of germs. Right? Wrong!!! Finally (what day was it? it all blurs together) Daran succumbed. I was feeling enough better by then to attend, though somewhat poorly, to the still needy Ruby. We tag-teamed napping and caring for the baby, drank copious amounts of Gatorade (really good when you're nauseous), shared my Phenargen scrip and somehow made it to today. Daran's back to work, I'm eating and drinking again, and Ruby is adjusting to her first day without a pacifier in her mouth nonstop. Harsh reality for her, but it had to happen.

Stay away from this one! It is not messing around!

No comments: